Monday, July 28, 2014

MSM's Jubilee - Laundry Boy

Here's another layout created using the Jubilee ebook kit.  I created five 12 x 12 layouts and 4 project life spreads with this kit, supplemented with items from my stash.  You can find other Jubilee ebook projects here:  Other Jubilee Projects

The boy was set to go to State Fire School.  He was afraid I would not get his laundry done in time.  (rolling eyes)  So, he announced he was going to learn to do laundry.  I was impressed.


It was quite an adventure using burlap on a layout.  Dale is right, it has a smell.  LOL.  AND, nothing sticks to it.  But I already figured the lack of stickiness part before I got started.  **wink**  The smell started to get to me after a while tho.  

Stitching was oh so fun.  **wink**  Burlap is full of holes.  And I needed to punch the paper.  In a straight line, in the form of a square, from the backside, making sure the stuff that would not stick on while I stitched would fit in AFTER I stitched.  I had way too many tabs open in my mind while I stitched this.  LOL.  But, I got it and it was OK.  Nothing like a good challenge.

I'm so glad the stitching turned out so well.  I stitched down all the veneer that is on the burlap.  Other things were taped to paper that was stapled through all layers.

I love the Signo white gel pen.  Just don't stock up on them.  Get a couple and use them, because they are so nice and smooth when they are fresh.  I purchased these two using a subscriber special / discount during subscriber reveal over at Studio Calico a couple of months ago.  It is the best white gel pen I have used.  Stampin' Up! sells these as well.  A fresh white gel pen is like fresh bread or fresh chips, fresh tomatoes or strawberries or blueberries....can't beat 'em.  

Thanks for stopping by!  Have a moo'valous day!

SUPPLIES
Stamps: Jubilee ebook kit stamps, date stamper
Paper: SU! Soft Suede, Groovy Guava, Pear Pizzaz; burlap; Jubilee ebook kit papers
Ink: Hero Arts Chalkboard, HA Dauber Cup-O-Joe, Tim Holtz Distress Paint Black Soot
Accessories: SC South of Market Kraft Thickers; DMC floss (black); Tim Holtz Tiny Attacher; Signo Uniball White Gel Pen; Jubilee ebook kit & printables, SC sequins

3 comments:

  1. Ding! Ding!Ding! Ding! You win a prize for this one. This page is really really cool. I know what you mean about burlap smell. Yep. But the stitching, the way you attached everything. Whheeeeee

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE IT!!!! I bought some burlap in the usual color and some in red. I haven't used it yet and that was last fall!!! It has a smell but it also seems to have lots of fibers that float around and gets up my nose! I can't seem t make myself use it! LOVE your layout. Such a great look. How did you end up adhering things to the burlap? I went to visit my sister and left the teen boy at home with hubby. A NEAT freak was born!!!! He has kept this place tidy. Is almost OCD about my pantrys and helps get the laundry going!!! I usually finish it up but he brings it down and usually starts it too! Oh so fun to have growing up children!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are training him well! He will make a fine husband one day!
    How are you?

    ReplyDelete